Dot Day Art



Description: International Dot Day is a day where students are encourage to make any type of art in the general shape of a circle, or a dot. Students are encouraged to use their own creativity in their art. The day is based on a book; the dot by Peter H. Reynolds. For this project, we all were given a coffee filter, a paper plate, and a variety of materials like water color paints, oil-based crayons, regular crayons, water color crayons, and sharpies. We were told we could experiment and create any design we chose. I used a combination of crayons, water color crayons, and water color paints to create my two dot day pictures. 

Extension Activity: For a dot day project, I would have my students each use a cd and some acrylic paints. I would have them create any type of painting that they wish and when they are finished I would string them together and hang them up around the room as a decoration. 

























Comments

Popular Posts