Hidden Safari Art



 Description: For this project, we picked out an animal to draw on our paper. We drew this animal with a cool color (light blue) and then were directed to create multiple designs using warm colors to cover up the animal and 'hide' it. I chose to make yellow circles, orange triangles, and red swirls to cover my paper and cover my cool colored animal. Once my animal was hidden, we made a pair of glasses using construction paper and a red film to view our animal through the warm colors. We also made a notecard to display with our drawing giving three hints as to what our animal might be. 

Extension Activity: This activity would go along with any unit learning about the Safari or safari animals. The activity could also be used in any subject for any type of drawing other than animals. I would have my students in a science/health class learning about the eyes, create a drawing similar to this using cool and warm colors, and then have them break down why we see the cool colors when using the red film versus the warm colors tricking our eyes into not seeing the cool colors. 

Comments

Popular Posts